The FIA has reshuffled the penalties that can be applied to F1 drivers who swear or abuse officials over a grand prix weekend.
Photo Credit: Red Bull Content Pool

FIA: F1 drivers could receive grid drops or time penalties for “misconduct involving the abuse of officials”

The FIA has reshuffled the penalties that can be applied to F1 drivers who swear or abuse officials over a grand prix weekend. Fines for swearing have been significantly reduced, with the standard punishments being halved from €10,000 to a maximum of €5,000 for the majority of breaches. Other, more severe fines for repeat offenses have…

Read More
Carlos Sainz (ESP) poses for a portrait in Erfoud , Morocco on September 24, 2018 // Flavien Duhamel / Red Bull Content Pool // SI201809300257 // Usage for editorial use only //
Photo Credit: Red Bull Content Pool

Carlos Sainz Sr: FIA presidency run will be “out of passion and love” for the sport

In recent weeks, news of Carlos Sainz Sr’s possible run for the FIA presidency made waves in the motorsport world—and today, the 63 year-old confirmed it himself. Earlier this week the two-time World Rally Champion revealed he is “currently in the process of figuring out how much support I will get from the community of…

Read More
Race start at F1 Chinese GP
Photo credit: Red Bull Content Pool

FIA holds crucial meeting on future direction of F1 power units in Bahrain 

Formula 1 looks set to move forward with its 2026 regulations, following a pivotal FIA summit in Bahrain.  The FIA convened a high-level meeting in Bahrain to discuss the 2026 regulations and the future direction of power units in the sport. Chaired by FIA President Mohammed Ben Sulayem, the CEO of FOM Stefano Domenicali and…

Read More
F1 V10 Era
Photo Credit: Scuderia Ferrari

Report: 2026 PU regulations to be dropped in favour of V10 F1 engines on sustainable fuel?

The stakeholders of Formula 1 have discussed the possibility of cancelling the new 2026 regulations entirely in favour of bringing the V10 engines on sustainable fuel and the sound of F1 back to life. Latest information suggests that this could already happen in 2028, with current regulations being extended by two more years. The last…

Read More
Motorsport UK Chair, David Richards CBE, expresses Motorsport UK’s position in regard to the global governance of the sport, and says legal action is a strong possibility against FIA President Mohammed Ben Sulayem.
Photo Credit: Red Bull Content Pool

Motorsport UK threatens legal action against FIA President

Motorsport UK Chair, David Richards CBE, expresses Motorsport UK’s position in regard to the global governance of the sport, and says legal action is a strong possibility against FIA President Mohammed Ben Sulayem. The former BAR Honda team principal released a remarkable letter on Wednesday evening, outlining just how bad things have gotten with the…

Read More
Johnny Herbert
Johnny Herbert in carrying out his duties as a pundit Photo Credit: JohnnyHerbert.org

Johnny Herbert opens up on “heavy handed” FIA following firing from F1 Stewards position

Following the news in January that Johnny Herbert would no longer serve as a Formula 1 Steward for the 2025 season, the former race winner speaks out on the circumstances of his firing. Speaking out for the first time since the news of his firing, Johnny Herbert hit out at the FIA. Citing a conflict…

Read More
Mohammed Ben Sulayem has hinted at a possible removal of F1 radio messages.
Photo Credit: Red Bull Content Pool

Ben Sulayem suggests potential “shut down” of F1 radio messages

Formula 1 is no stranger to high-stakes drama, but recently, it’s the language used by drivers that’s been stirring up controversy — and the potential threat of an F1 radio ban by Mohammed Ben Sulayem He has voiced concerns about the rising use of foul language in these exchanges. This comes because they’re broadcast live…

Read More
Photo Credit: Red Bull Content Pool

Ben Sulayem on axing of Johnny Herbert as a steward: “There was a conflict of interest”

Following the FIA’s announcement that Johnny Herbert will no longer be a steward at Grand Prix races ahead of the F1 2025 season, FIA President Mohammed Ben Sulayem addressed the “conflict of interest” that led to the former driver’s departure. Speaking to Spanish media MARCA, Sulayem noted that Herbert’s dual roles as a steward and…

Read More
Mohammed Ben Sulayem - FIA president
FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem Photo Credit: FIA.com

Ben Sulayem: F1 race director role is “not about individuals”

FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem hits out at FIA criticism as he states racing must be able to continue without a race director. FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem discusses bringing in new stewards to Formula 1. Speaking during the Stewards Summit in Madrid, Sulayem suggested Formula 1 is over reliant on the race director. As…

Read More